About Suzanne Deliscar
Ms. Deliscar (née White) was called to the Ontario Bar in 2004. As principal of Deliscar Professional Corporation, she focuses on matters involving both legal and language issues. Her practice was created through the combination of her language skills in French and Spanish and the practice of law in a variety of areas, including civil litigation, wills & estates, and family law.
Ms. Deliscar has extensive experience in the translation of a variety of legal documents. She has extensive experience in the translation of official documents, and has reviewed, analyzed and abstracted over 500 Spanish language contracts for a large multinational corporation. Ms. Deliscar is also experienced in providing document review in French.
Suzanne Deliscar is also the developer and presenter of over 50 popular training webinar programs in the areas of legal translation, official document translation, and marketing for translators and interpreters, lawyers, and fellow lawyer-linguists. She is also the founder of the Lawyer-Linguists Forum, an online community of lawyer-linguists which fosters discussion and exchange in an effort to improve awareness and growth of the profession.
Ms. Deliscar has been heavily involved in the community through her international mission work, as well as holding various positions locally, regionally, nationally and internationally within her church community. Ms. Deliscar has also hosted numerous free “Ask the Lawyer” Days in banks, churches, libraries, and other community organizations.
Ms. Deliscar is a former member of the following organizations:
- International Association of Professional Translators and Interpreters
- Ontario Trial Lawyers Association
- Rotary Club of Bramalea
- The Mentoring Partnership
- International Child Care (Canada) – Board of Directors
- American Bar Association
Ms. Deliscar is a current member of the following organizations:
- The Law Society of Upper Canada
- Ontario Bar Association
- American Translators Association
- Proz.com Certified Pro Network – Spanish>English
- Association canadienne des juristes-traducteurs/Canadian Association of Legal Translators
- Association des juristes d’expression française de l’Ontario
- legal services in English, Spanish and French (including Civil Litigation, Wills and Estates, and Family Law)
- legal translation
- official document translation
- foreign language contract abstraction
- foreign language document review
B.A. Latin American Studies and History, Minor in Science, Technology and Public Policy,
McMaster University, 2000
Advanced Spanish, Semester Abroad, Universidad de Chile, 1999
LL.B. University of Windsor, 2003
Ontario Bar, 2004